"I ran a marathon!"
"I built my own website."
"I walked right past those donuts!"
"We had the best day we've had in a long time."
"I fixed that all by myself."
"I saved $150.00 this month."
"I'm so glad that's behind me!"
"That felt like the old me."
You have to believe. Believe in yourself and that you are here to make differences. Not just one difference. Lots. And it's easy. Be aware of those moments of opportunity because they are everywhere.
And you just need you to do it.
"Do not worry about what others' judgments will be. If we are feeling less valued in the world, it is not because of what others think of us, it is due to what we think of ourselves. It means that we intuitively know that we aren't making the imprint that we are capable of. It means that we need to do more first for ourselves, so that we can do more for others and feel our own value. Feeling our own value will give us confidence and acceptance." ~Katherine A. Rayne
"I did it!" How often do you get to say that? I found a way to make it happen more often for me. Now I want to make it happen more often for You. And I just need me to do that.
I want to help you do even more. Join us on our way to helping women Live a Better Life!
I've created a community to do it with: Back To Being A Woman
#DailyChallenges on Twitter @BeingAWoman
Relationships test you. Here is your study guide! Back To Being A Woman (Without Changing The Man) for sale on Amazon.com:
#Live Simply #Live Elegantly Your Life Journal, is now on Amazon.com. My memoir/Your journal to take you towards the gifts you keep putting on your back burner.
There's a Light at the End of the Tunnel. You! is on Amazon.com
Life Coach/Team Member at
Square One You gotta' just do it Brainstorm
Pen and paper in hand (or keyboard and screen), start writing down what YOU want to do. Don't get overly specific. Just write: "Wouldn't it be cool if..." at the top of the page, and then add as many cool things as you can think of that you'd like to see happen in your life. Don't stop until you can't think of any more.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
So...you hopefully now have a list of Cool Things that You have created.
- Go down your "cool" list and highlight the items that could be started today. Even if it's only the first step.
- Circle the one item that you are the most passionate about. (It's important to know what your passions are, because you need to have your heart wanting the same thing as you do.)
- Begin It.
- You are now taking the first steps towards saying, "I Did It!" You've begun your first journey. Simple!
Example 1: "It would be so cool if I lost ten pounds." As women, so many of us are passionate about that one! Don't rush off to look for books on diets or exercise. Do the following:
- Write a list of food that you LOVE that's HEALTHY. Plan tomorrow's meals and a trip to the grocery store.
- Write a list of exercises that you like (or don't like). Log how many reps of each exercise you are going to do tomorrow and what time. Break it down into two sessions; one morning and one afternoon, if time is short.
- Make a list of many different activities you will do when temptations arise and you get weak. (read, sew, clean out a drawer, draw, chew gum, walk the dog, drink a full glass of water, something fun and distracting)
- Write down what your one cheat food item will be seven days from tomorrow. (Ice-cream sundae, waffles for breakfast, popcorn at the movies.) Please note that I didn't say, Cheat DAY. I said cheat ITEM. Only one.
- (Always check with your doctor before beginning any diet or exercise change...you know the drill.)
These steps will make it successful. Making it a Realistic Plan is vital so that you don't give up on any Cool Thing that you go after.
Example 2: "It would be so cool to write a memoir." I won't even tell you to just start typing, as obvious as that might seem. I want you to have a plan first. Give your mind a step-by-step approach to any Cool Thing so that you have a direction to follow.
- Make an outline. (I know...I hate them, too.) It doesn't have to be formal. Brainstorm about the occurrences you will write about and jot them all down.
- Write down ideas for chapter titles. And don't worry, they can always be changed and rearranged later. The chapter titles will give you a direction for each individual chapter.
- Write each chapter as if it is going to be its own book.
- And just keep writing. Don't worry about editing until every chapter has been written and until you can't write anymore.
- Trust that it will come together as you go. A title will come to mind. An ending will come to mind. A beginning sentence will come to mind. And don't forget to exclaim, "I Did It!" when you hit mile markers. Some days that might just be an end to one chapter. Remind yourself how far you've come. Not how far you have to go.
I have written many blogs on my Back To Being A Woman website that have to do with inspiring our dreams or living With Out Worry. (W.O.W!) I want women to be who they are meant to be. Enough with our worrying and holding ourselves back from the fun and the strengths and abilities that we have to share with the world. Begin Today. By tomorrow, you will be one day closer to Doing It!
Visit my blogs at